BECOME A FRIEND AND SUPPORTER
The Choir rehearses every Thursday evening at 7.30pm during term time at Howard Middle School and we typically have concerts at four to six week intervals throughout the year. Many of our concerts are around the Bury St Edmunds area or within East Anglia, but some are further afield in the UK and even abroad. You will see from this website that our repertoire contains a mix of genres from traditional male voice choir Welsh hymns to more secular and popular songs. Our concerts usually include a variety of these different genres, and we often sing with other choirs, guest sopranos or musical ensembles.
As a Friend of the Choir you will be entitled to the following:
- You will receive regular newsletters informing you of future concerts and the latest choir news.
- You will be offered a special Friends rate on ticket sales for each of our own concerts during the year.
- You will be invited to join us for the ritual afterglow at the end of each concert.
- You will be invited to travel with us on our tours in the UK and abroad
- You will be able to place requests or make dedications in consultation with our conductor.
- You will be invited to join us at an annual Thursday practice evening to see behind the scenes and where requests can also be made for songs from our current repertoire.
- But most of all you will become part of our family, something both the music team and members, view as important.
In return for these benefits we ask for a minimum annual donation of £10.
If you are interested in becoming a Friend of the Choir or know someone who may be interested, please follow the links below or go to our Contact page.