- Proposed 2023 Tour
Mark reported back on his recent recognisance visit to Northern Ireland. He found that there is a good range of Male Voice choirs in the Province, one of which we have already sung with. Also a good range of venues for public singing, visits and hospitality.
The proposed tour details.
- SEMVC will organise the tour through a small sub committee
- Dates: Probable dates 27/5 to 4/6/2023 maximum, could be shorter
- Travel by coach from BSE to either Cairnryan or Liverpool for ferry to Belfast
- Possible overnight stop in Lancashire on outward journey for joint concert with an MVC
- Direct return to BSE on return journey
- Accommodation: Likely to be The Europa Hotel, Belfast which is central for all attractions and hospitality venues and has the capacity for our tour numbers. https://www.europahotelbelfast.com/
There was general verbal agreement that the committee should progress the tour.
Further details will follow as soon as possible.
PLEASE RESERVE THOSE DATES IN YOUR DIARY
Mark said that we will introduce Guardian Angel possibly at the Rattlesden Concert but that otherwise we will focus on the Great Barton programme.
- Great Barton Concert 17 September
Phil Kemp and Mark confirmed that the programme would be the songs previously listed. Two songs will be sung jointly with Thursday Nights.
Unfortunately, Phil has been unable to arrange an afterglow at local hostelries. There will be an afterglow for the Rattlesden concert at the 5 Bells pub.
Glenn described the recruitment and choir advertising placed in a wide range of local free publications and parish magazines.
Recruitment is ongoing and all choir members are urged to help by seeking new members.
Malcolm Swift was welcomed to the top tenor section. Two other new joiners will attend next week’s rehearsal.
Ash has a small stock of new clothing for sale and free of charge. These will be available at rehearsals until they are all sold.