JOINING THE CHOIR
If it’s crossed your mind you might like to join us, be warned, we don’t just sing!
- You’ll be joining a large social group with a hundred members who meet up regularly.
- You’ll look forward to Thursday evenings, escape the trials of life and have a good sing.
- You’ll learn to appreciate both the skills and humour of our music team who mould us into a choir.
- You’ll appreciate the importance of our coffee break; a chance to socialise with an eclectic mix of folk!
- You’ll have opportunities to spend a weekend away with other members, wives and partners, sing in some marvellous buildings and go sightseeing.
- You’ll also be invited to travel abroad to perform with choirs in other countries, and see the sights.
- You’ll appreciate social occasions organised for Choir members such as the Summer BBQ, Sing for Your Supper, theatre visits, and lots more.
We are always looking to welcome new members and have set up a system to allow anyone to give it a go!
We suggest you attend three or four rehearsals as our guest, to experience singing in a large group. We will ensure you’ll be seated next to an experienced member to guide you through the proceedings and answer any questions or queries you may have. Should you then decide ‘this is for me!’ you’ll be enrolled to full membership.
We rehearse every Thursday from 7.30pm–9.30pm, which includes a 15 minute coffee break. You’ll find ample car parking.
Howard Primary Community School
Bury St Edmunds
You can either contact me beforehand or just turn up one evening. You’ll be made most welcome!